How to begin Web Analytics? It is really a real challenge on how to begin web analytics, right? Well, it is nearly impossible to find a shattering insights that can be able to give an instant action from the web analytics data in just a couple of hours.
Here are some starter guide to help others to find valuable starting points and some tips on how to begin web data analytics:
#1. Visit websites and take note the objectives, negativity and customer’s feedback.
- Visit website that being analyzed. See how it looks like, then go to the product pages. See the customer’s comments and suggestions. Then onwards, go to the competitor’s website, see how the site looks like, their products and what were the customers comment and suggestions. Take down the ideas that popping out.#2. Traffic Sources Report.
- If wanting to know how savvy the company is in online marketing, traffic sources report will be the first thing will come to the list. If the number is too big it indicates a search that is overexposures changes in rankings and algorithm. But, if it is low it will simply leaving the money on the table. And that is a normal search which around 40% to 50%. Direct traffic on the other side, it is the tool that implemented that these are all the existing customers or people from the offline campaigns. So, if the direct traffic is low, it is better to have a customer service or retention.
#3. Visitors Loyalty.
- It is now time to focus on the visitors. Well, most people create a sites just for themselves and with no obvious purpose in mind. It is better to have a sense for how strongly attached are the visitors to the site. It is crucial for any type of content site, but it’ll be a surprised of how important for an ecommerce website. Always review the reports about the actions of the customers to be able to give a sense for content consumed.
#4. Campaign Conversions and Outcomes.
- More revenue, reduced cost, increased customers those are the only three outcomes that are important in web analytics. But for this let’s focus on reducing cost. Start looking for the other reports in Google Analytics and initially allow it to be guided by the column at the end of the Per Visit Goal Value. See the work backwards and see what the conversion number looks like. And at the end it should have preliminary recommendations for at least one or two places money that is potentially being wasted or at least being inefficiently spent. Pick one or two major campaign that the company has and execute into the ecommerce analysis.
#5. Analytics Intelligence.
- Go look for the Google Analytics Intelligence reports. By there, it can count on the fact that the unique intelligent algorithm in GA has done a forecasting and applied control limits and statistical significance and can be much more help to identify anomalies in the data.
Leave a Reply