Every company requires a multiple tools to understand the works of its website, satisfaction of its customers, and gain key context from competitors.
The plethora of available option that your businesses require can be overwhelming that they may not understand how to use them. And that we’re hiring someone that can really dig into all the reports that are now vital. There this rule that often the referenced in this regard of the 90/10 rule in which you will spend 10% of the money on the reports and data, while the other 90% is on paying someone to filter through all that information. Because without any proper understanding of the information that there services will provide you with, it will remain just a raw data.
Obviously, you cannot use all the tools at all time, but the benefits to know about some top options and how they fit into overall web strategy. And will use multiple tools give you further level of insight your customers and your success rate.
But before we proceed in the tools itself, let’s begin first with what exactly web analytics is? Well, it is defined as the analysis of qualitative and quantitative data from your website and the competition, and it is also a drive on continual improvement of the online experience of your customers and prospects in which can translates into your desired outcomes whether online or offline. Web analytics is a three-tiered data that delivers and analyze small and big businesses. The first data itself can measure the traffic, page views, click and more for both your website and for your direct competition. The second is what you will do with the data, or how you are able to take the information the you have gathered via these services and apply it by your consumers, whether new or existing , to make a meaningful and better experience. Here are lists of web analytics tools that can be useful for you:
- This is completely a free service that can generates detailed statistics about the visitors to your website, Google analytics is the simplest and most robust web analytics offer and which it is currently use by over 50% of the 10,000 websites in the world, well, according to the site’s usage statistics, you will know where your visitors are coming from, what they are doing while they on your site and how often they can back, and among many other things.
Yahoo web analytics
- Once you’ve mastered Google analytics, Yahoo is also similar on offering you a little more depth in your survey. It also offer a better access control options and a simpler approach to multi-site analytics, raw and real time data collection, visitor behavior and demographic reports and customized options as well.
Google Website Optimizer
- This is another free tool from out folk in Google, their web optimizer is a complex testing service that allows you to rotates different segments of content on your site to see to it which sections and placement convert into the most clicks, and at the end of the day, the most sales.
- If you’re a Facebook user for any part of your business, this will be the simplest free offering from Mark Zuckerberg’s team in term if analytics. It will provide very detailed information about your follower counts, likes, comment on posts and more. There are two different types of Facebook insight. It is based on both the users and the interaction with the content.