It is always been Google Analytics the classic choice of analytical tool for a website, not only because it’s free but it gives an array of features that helps to test, track, and measure customer’s behavior on the site. However, having just one tool will never be enough especially when the business is rapidly growing. To be able to cross check data from different tools, web analytics tools usually display trends and will help to assure conclusions.
There are rumors that Google Analytics may stop from being free, but it always better to have a back up and not only rely on Google Analytics alone. Here are some tips on how to choose the best analytic tools:
- List down the goals that need to be achieved from the information available on the tool. Check if the tool can be a help to achieve the goals.
- Check if the said features will match the web analytic needs. Check if it easy to use and understand.
- Check if it is suited to the budget and if it is in line with the expected ROI (Return of Investment).
- Check if it has a free-trial period to be able to know if it is worthy to invest on.
Here are two recommendable analytic tools that can be a great help to understand and improve the website’s various elements and for the higher profits:
- Piwik offers both Android and iOS apps for a smart phones access of the web analytics report. Most Piwik features are similar to Google Analytics that it can track conversions, real time data updates, events and campaign tracking. However, there is something that sets it apart from GA, it has no limit on data storage and by default all the historical visitor’s data and report are being kept. It has a free-trial period for 30-day, and the pricing starts from $65 per month for up to 100,000 page views.
- This one is easy to interpret unlike Google Analytics that the website visitor information had laid out in easy understandable interface. It offers a live view of every visitor’s activity on the site, and has an on-site analytics widget in the corner of the website. But, the widget is only viewable to the owner and not viewed publicly. It has offer a real time heat mapping, but is only viewable for those visitors who have completed a specific goal. It is free for below 3,000 daily page view and has only one website. The price start from $9.99 per month to $79.99 per month.
Leave a Reply