This will be the 2nd Part of our article about Success in Web Analytics. The first part talked about the first phase of the “Five Phases” framework in Web Analytics, this time, we will talk about the second phase which is the IMPLEMENTATION.
We have come to an understanding that there are different types of framework in Web Analytics, but if you really want to succeed, you just need to follow the “Five Phases” framework. We already talked about the first phase which was the PRE-IMPLEMENTATION. If you haven’t read the article yet, a link is provided on the end part of this article.
Now let’s talk about the second phase which is the Implementation. The technical phase of Web Analytics may not be so attractive for you, but you have to get things done in order for you to get the success you’ve always wanted.
Here are the tips you need to know for the Implementation of your Web Analytics:
- You should always be ready for everything. Sometimes things won’t go according as planned. You should always reserve extra time.
- You should know whether tags can be placed within a few days or few months. Take into accounts the release planning.
- Divide your budget and make a reserve for experimenting implementing tools. This is very helpful especially on larger sites tooling.
- Stay close to your implementation project and don’t just handover a document. Always remember to keep your IT and marketing work close together.
- You should tag all your pages and remember to don’t limit yourself in tagging less parts of your website.
- As many pages as you want to tag, getting more customers is always important, even than tags. Tagging is a crucial thing, but you should also make sure that these tags don’t give a negative impact on getting custimers.
- Always triple test your implemented codes. This will help you recheck everything that you’ve implemented. Remember, taking an extra one day to test your codes is better that facing a bug on the later part of your process.
- You should also test if the tags are working or not. Setup the testing in different environments.
- Don’t forget to measure in-page interaction in rich media experiences such as Flex, Flash, RSS, Videos, etc. Adobe Flex, Flash, RSS are mostly browser plug-ins that will help you in building and maintaining your web applications.
- Schedule your maintenance period. Make sure you monitor your tags or schedule a periodic manual checks because tags can easily disappear.
Read the first phase of the “Five Phases” Framework to your Success in Web Analytics by clicking here