8 tips to become SEO expert
The career of being a SEO is not just a one skill set or task. SEO is being a subset of that, and there are many career opportunities in the field of search engine marketing, but there are many areas of specialization within SEO itself.
If you’re an SEO candidate, you wouldn’t likely to ever be well-versed in all aspects of the business. A successful career strategy is to become an expert in one thing and conversant in many more.
Here are some tips to help you to become a SEO expert:
- Live and Breathe it
- When you’re just getting started, you should be deeply immersed in SEO. There are lot of information and knowledge that you should know, especially if you’re just a beginner. Keep all those information and knowledge in your mind, but of course, you might of it as garbage but eventually you will know what’s legit and what’s just generalization, and one of the best ways to advance your SEO knowledge is to immerse yourself inside Black Hat World. There’s a ton of awesome information that you need to know.
Since SEO workload is full, it doesn’t matter what you classify yourself, but as long as you know how you should be for whatever industry you’re working in.
- Testing it
- Testing is easily the best way to improve your SEO skills. Why? Simply because testing is what keeps you one step ahead of everyone else. However, testing can also show you things that AREN’T working. And to become a tester you should have known about these two things: always have a testing dummy website and don’t make a conclusion based on one site’s results.
- Block your forums
- It’s okay to be in forums, but you should know that forums are a huge time killer and filled with terrible advices and sometimes there are people who claim to be a SEO all-star. Black Hat World is one of the recommended forums because they have people there who actually have testing-techniques.
- Be a salesman and learn CRO
- You need to learn sales and conversion rate optimization (CRO) if you want to be a SEO expert. It doesn’t matter how many websites you rank, but if you can’t actually get these websites to produce any substantially income, then you’re going to kill your resources and just waste your time. When you’re on the offensive side of SEO, you will analyze websites that are doing the thing right and learn.
- Have a real life experience for producing genuine value
- If you create an audience who craves new content, you should have to actually give them super valuable and engaging content. Every single word of the content you produce should have the intention of helping your readers, but if you provide genuine value, it is only possible through your experience. Becoming a master of your craft and then use your blog to educate your prospects since you are now the authority on the topic. Just be yourself.
- Listen to the Right people
- There are lot of people out there in the internet marketing who are giving advices and such, but you, yourself can differentiate the good from the bad. If you spend all your time reading other people’s blog, you’re not spending time developing your blog. So, pick a core group of blogs you love, and stick with them, and even venture out if one of your core blogs starts to slack off.
- Keep the Fire Lit
- Once you have the ability to rank websites, it’s easy to slack off. But, for as long as you’re not taking advantage of your skills, then KEEP THE FIRE LIT! Actually, this applies to every business. Always remember what all your hard work was for. You want to be a SEO expert then use your skills to make some dough.
- Be on the Offensive at all times
- If you’re just starting out, you should stay away from niches that are populated with people, and you should definitely try to tango with the real competitors. Ranking in super competitive niches is a budget battle. Therefore, SEO skills alone will not make you money! You need to be intangible to succeed and need to continue to be able to succeed for years to come.
SEO isn’t a static profession because it changes from time to time, and if you won’t also change with it, you will definitely fall behind.