Leveraging the power of content and social media marketing can help elevate audience and customers base in a dramatic way. But getting started without any previous experience or insight could be challenging.
Understand social media marketing fundamentals, from maximizing quality to increasing online entry points, abiding by these 10 laws will help build a foundation that will serve customers, a brand.
- The Law of Listening
- Success with social media and content marketing requires more listening and less talking. Read target audience’s online content and join discussions to learn what’s important to them. Only then it can create and spark conversations that add value rather thann clutter to their lives.
- The Law of Focus
- It’s better to specialize than to be a jack-of-all-trades. A highly-focused social media and content marketing strategy intended to build a strong has a better chance for success than a broad strategy that attempts to be all things to all people.
- The Law of Quality
- Quality trumps quantity. It’s better to have 1,000 online connections who read, share and talk about a content with their own audiences than 10,000 connections who disappear after connecting with it in the first time.
- The Law of Patience
- Social media and content marketing success doesn’t happen overnight. While it’s possible to catch lightning in a bottle, it’s far more likely that it’ll need to commit to the long haul to achieve results.
- The Law of Compounding
- If it publishes amazing, quality content and work to build an online audience of quality followers, they’ll share it with their own audiences on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, their own blogs and more. This sharing discussing of content opens new entry points for search engines like Google to find it in keyword searches. Those entry points could grow to hundreds or thousands of more potential ways for people to find online.
- The Law of Influence
- Spend time finding the online influences in market who have quality audiences and are likely to be interested in products, services and business. Connect with those people and work to build relationships with them.
- The Law of Value
- Spend all time on the social web directly promoting products and services, people will stop listening. It must add value to the conversation. Focus less on conversions and more on creating amazing content and developing relationships with online influences. In time, those people will become a powerful catalyst for word-of-mouth marketing on business.
- The Law of Acknowledgement
- It wouldn’t ignore someone who reaches out on a person so don’t ignore them online. Building relationships is one of the most important parts of social media marketing success, so always acknowledge every person who reaches out.
- The Law of Accessibility
- Don’t publish content and then disappear. Be available to an audience. That means it needs to consistently publish content and participate in conversations. Followers online can be fickle and they won’t hesitate to replace if it disappear for weeks or months.
- The Law of Reciprocity
- It can’t expect others to share content and talk about it, if it doesn’t do the same for them. So, a portion of the time it spends in social media should be focused on sharing and talking about content published by others.
Leave a Reply